Crew members providing insights for future crew members, isn’t that great?
In the beginning, there was nothing… Then it exploded! On this page you get to know more about us, some fun facts, and get to know the the team that made all our content be available, for you, for free!
Our Google Analytics data, so far:
We do not display any kind of ads on this website, our whole content was made and designed in order to help others, so having large web traffic isn’t the real goal here. But since our creation, we hit over 3,000,000 unique access so far, with an average of 10 to 20.000 hits per month from all over the world.
Other interesting data is that 20% of our visitors are in the 18-24 age group, 50% are on the 24-35 age group, 16% on the 35-44 group, 4% 55-64 group and 2% are over 65. So no matter how many birthdays you had, there’s always an interest about how to work and life on board cruise ships.
- AVERAGE TIME SPENT ON THE WEBSITE: 17 minutes
- AVERAGE TIME LOADING PAGES: 10 seconds
- AVERAGE PAGE HITS: 73.000 per month
- AVERAGE UNIQUE IP ADDRESSES: 25.000 users per month
- AVERAGE NUMBER OF DDOS ATTACKS: 700+ per month
- TOP COUNTRY WITH BLOCKED IP: Singapore (7300+)
- TOP EXIT PAGE: Basic Requirements
- TOP CONTACT QUESTION: “Where send my cv?”
- MOST FILLED SURVEY: Salary comparison
- MOST FILLED FORM: Frequently Asked Questions
TOP 10# COUNTRIES:
- United States
Of course, none of this would be possible if there wasn’t some amazing people involved. When the first website (shiplife.com.br) started to grow out of Brazil, the feeling was amazing. But then we’ve started to receive more and more emails from different countries requesting assistance, agencies from Europe looking for publishing space, and till then, the whole website was available in Portuguese only. There were people translating the content in order to understand it? Well, that had to change. Nowadays we have a team of supporters and translators that even without pay, help us grow, like a family.